From: Ray on
WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8

When I try to download a program from a website I often get the message to click on the
yellow bar. I am on my sixth computer and have never seen a yellow bar. There is a
dialog bar telling me to click "here" because the site is trying to download a file. I
click and the process starts but soon a new message says it cannot download the file. I
have tried to locate where to enable Active X but "Help" and "Search" don't give me any
information. I was told to try clicking on the Explorer icon "Properties" where there
will be a check box to enable Active X. I do that but no Active X is listed.
--
Ray

From: James Parker on

>WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8
>
>When I try to download a program from a website I often get the message to click on the
>yellow bar. I am on my sixth computer and have never seen a yellow bar. There is a
>dialog bar telling me to click "here" because the site is trying to download a file. I
>click and the process starts but soon a new message says it cannot download the file. I
>have tried to locate where to enable Active X but "Help" and "Search" don't give me any
>information. I was told to try clicking on the Explorer icon "Properties" where there
>will be a check box to enable Active X. I do that but no Active X is listed.
>--
>Ray

Hope this helps
http://techgurulive.com/2008/10/24/how-to-enable-activex-controls-in-internet-explorer/

-----------------------------------
Posted @ http://www.dotnethelp.co.uk
From: Dirk T. Verbeek on
On 05-03-10 18:01, Ray wrote:
> WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8
>
> When I try to download a program from a website I often get the message to click on the
> yellow bar. I am on my sixth computer and have never seen a yellow bar. There is a
> dialog bar telling me to click "here" because the site is trying to download a file. I
> click and the process starts but soon a new message says it cannot download the file. I
> have tried to locate where to enable Active X but "Help" and "Search" don't give me any
> information. I was told to try clicking on the Explorer icon "Properties" where there
> will be a check box to enable Active X. I do that but no Active X is listed.

Although there are more or less valid reasons to use ActiveX it is
before all a virus magnet.