Prev: Cookies
Next: updating?
From: Paul E. Lehmann on
Running OpenSuse 11.0 with Firefox version 3.5.9

When opening a link running Flash Player 10.0, the movie displays but there
is no sound.

Any ideas for a fix?

Thanx
From: karl on
Paul E. Lehmann schrieb:
> Running OpenSuse 11.0 with Firefox version 3.5.9
>
> When opening a link running Flash Player 10.0, the movie displays but there
> is no sound.
>
> Any ideas for a fix?
>
> Thanx

First open KMix and check if *all* input and output channels are not at 0%.
From: Paul E. Lehmann on
karl wrote:

> Paul E. Lehmann schrieb:
>> Running OpenSuse 11.0 with Firefox version 3.5.9
>>
>> When opening a link running Flash Player 10.0, the movie displays but
>> there is no sound.
>>
>> Any ideas for a fix?
>>
>> Thanx
>
> First open KMix and check if *all* input and output channels are not at
> 0%.

Checked. They are not at 0%

I discovered something. When I switch user I get sound from Flash Player

Also interesting but maybe not related:
Under my account, I can not get the chess board in chess.com to display
properly. When I switch user, it is OK

Perhaps there is some setting or application under my account that is not
allowing Flash Player to play sound or the chess board in chess.com to
display properly.
From: Rockinghorse Winner on
"Paul E. Lehmann" <plehmann_21716(a)yahoo.com> writes:

>Running OpenSuse 11.0 with Firefox version 3.5.9

>When opening a link running Flash Player 10.0, the movie displays but there
>is no sound.

>Any ideas for a fix?

>Thanx

I often have to update to the latest version before pic and sound play well
together. I find the best way to update version is to download the binary
from Adobe and copy the file to the appropriate plugin dir's.

YMMV.

--
Powered by Linux 2.6.32.11 Fedora 12
In rotation: Takes Off (Jefferson Airplane) 2.6.31.12 OpenSUSE 11.2
From: Rockinghorse Winner on
"Paul E. Lehmann" <plehmann_21716(a)yahoo.com> writes:

>karl wrote:

>> Paul E. Lehmann schrieb:
>>> Running OpenSuse 11.0 with Firefox version 3.5.9
>>>
>>> When opening a link running Flash Player 10.0, the movie displays but
>>> there is no sound.
>>>
>>> Any ideas for a fix?
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>
>> First open KMix and check if *all* input and output channels are not at
>> 0%.

>Checked. They are not at 0%

>I discovered something. When I switch user I get sound from Flash Player

>Also interesting but maybe not related:
>Under my account, I can not get the chess board in chess.com to display
>properly. When I switch user, it is OK

>Perhaps there is some setting or application under my account that is not
>allowing Flash Player to play sound or the chess board in chess.com to
>display properly.

Why don't you create a new user , in that case?