From: mm on
On Sat, 8 May 2010 11:12:01 -0700, Terry
<Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My taskbar is gone.

I have it. I'm sorry. I left you a note.

I'm emailing it back, to the address above. If that doesn't work,
send me a non-discussion email adresss.

From: Terry on
The taskbar is at the bottom as it shows for a second or two at boot, then
disipears. I could not click or drag it up then it is gone again.

From: mm on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 03:52:01 -0700, Terry
<Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The taskbar is at the bottom as it shows for a second or two at boot, then
>disipears. I could not click or drag it up then it is gone again.

You know the guy who mentioned winkey wasn't kidding.

I forget what he said but winkey, then right click in an empty area,
properties, task bar, uncheck autohide or check keep taskbar on top.

If task bar is locked, first unlock it and do those things, then lock
it again.

P&M

>"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 8 May 2010 11:12:01 -0700, Terry
>> <Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> > My taskbar is gone. Even when I place my mouse over where the bar should be,
>> > it does not apear. I cannot get to the start button or any programs. However
>> > I do have icons on my desktop that work.
>>

>> The task bar is resizable, like a window, and it can be set to zero
>> lines high. That may be your problem, and fixing that should be the
>> first thing you should try. You may have accidentally resized it to
>> zero lines high. Put the cursor on the bottom of the screen and move
>> it up and down slightly until it turns into a double-headed arrow.
>> Then click and drag it to the size you want.
>>
>> If that doesn't work, it may be zero lines high on another side of the
>> screen, so try on all four sides.
>>
>> --
>> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
>> Please Reply to the Newsgroup
>> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2