From: Gary Cuevas on
Hi Peter,

I don't find an option to create an inbound COM port in my Bluetooth Settings page, only an outgoing port.

It seems I heard about a registry entry that allows this page to let the user create an inbound port. But I've searched all over the web today to find it. I've been unable to track it down, though. Did I just imagine it, or does it really exist?

Thanks.

Peter Foot [MVP] wrote:

You have to setup an inbound COM port before the service will be advertised.
21-Nov-07

You have to setup an inbound COM port before the service will be advertised.
You'll find the settings for this at Start > Settings > Connections >
Bluetooth > COM Ports and select New Incoming Port.

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Microsoft Device Application Development MVP

"Jean G." <JeanG(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, November 20, 2007 6:25 PM
Jean wrote:

Bluetooth SPP profile not offered
Hi,

I just got the latest WM 6.0 Pocket PC (brand withheld) which implements MS
Bluetooth. It supports SPP among other profiles. For instance, I can set an
outbound port to a remote device and send data through it (via the proper COM
port in my C++ app).

However, when discovering the sevices on this PPC, SPP is not reported. That
means that a remote application trying to connect via SPP by first
determining whether SPP is supported will not work.

And that's the problem, because the Pocket PC does support SPP. It only
doesn't let others know about it.

Does anyone know of some setting (registry flag, API) that would force the
MS BT stack to advertise SPP along the other profile it supports?

Thanks
Jean

On Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:03 AM
Peter Foot [MVP] wrote:

You have to setup an inbound COM port before the service will be advertised.
You have to setup an inbound COM port before the service will be advertised.
You'll find the settings for this at Start > Settings > Connections >
Bluetooth > COM Ports and select New Incoming Port.

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Microsoft Device Application Development MVP
www.peterfoot.net | www.inthehand.com
In The Hand Ltd - .NET Solutions for Mobility

"Jean G." <JeanG(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Win a Free License of SandRibbon for Silverlight
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/cb3912a1-be37-4032-a71a-598cae18c0d7/win-a-free-license-of-sandribbon-for-silverlight.aspx