From: cavanj on
I have a sound recorder that I use to record internet radio programs.
It uses the Wave control to record sound.

I recently upgraded my mainboard on WIn XP Pro machine. Upgraded to
Intel D101GGC main board with integrated Intel High Definition Audio.
It uses the RealTek AL861 Codec.

Sound works fine, no problems. Mainboard upgrade very smooth (phew!).

Problem is RealTek Audo manager does not allow "Wave" to be selected as
a recording device (like the previous mainboard and driver allowed).
So I can no longer record sound. Sound plays fine. Just can't record
it.

I checked RealTek site and also the software I use to record. I
downloaded numerous free recorders. None of them can record. I could
not find any help.

Does anyone have any idea what to do?

Thanks, Jim

From: Bob I on
Creative Labs Soundcards come with software that provides for "Record
what you hear". Windows XP doesn't provide this, only third party.

From: jgc66 on
I have software from a third party that records "what I hear". It
worked with my old main board (also intel with on-board sound). I
can't tell if my new mainboard has full duplex sound. My software
requires it. My new board and sound works fine (clearly better than
old sound). ONly problem is I want to record internet radio audio. I
would bet that if I had a microphone it would record fine...but that's
not what I am doing.

I am checking with RealTek re: full duplex sound question. Intel site
didn't help in this area and had no FAQ about recording.

Thanks,
Jim

From: Waveless on

I have the same problem!!! I want to record internet radio shows on my new
Dell Dimension e510 but have no wave-in record option (only line in, rear
mic, or microphone). Line in picks up some faint sound but it's poor
quality. I contacted Dell and they said I had to get a new soundcard to get a
wave in record option. I wish I had know this when I customized my computer!
I thought it was standard equipment. My sound card driver is Sigmatel. If
anyone knows of a easier solution, please let me know.
From: Bob I on
"Record what you hear" is 3rd party software. Whether it came with your
brand of soundcard or not, is the problem. I know Creative Labs cards
come with it. If yours didn't, well that could be were the problem lies.

Waveless wrote:

> I have the same problem!!! I want to record internet radio shows on my new
> Dell Dimension e510 but have no wave-in record option (only line in, rear
> mic, or microphone). Line in picks up some faint sound but it's poor
> quality. I contacted Dell and they said I had to get a new soundcard to get a
> wave in record option. I wish I had know this when I customized my computer!
> I thought it was standard equipment. My sound card driver is Sigmatel. If
> anyone knows of a easier solution, please let me know.

Pages: 1
Prev: Copying files to CDRW
Next: cd drive!!!!!!