From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
I use Win 7 with Wireless and so are numerous amount of people working with
me.
I do not know where the claims that mentioned above come from, and there is
No way to help you since you do not provide any technical info about what
you use and how.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

From: Barb Bowman on
As Jack said, you really need to post info on your router and wireless NIC.
details are required. The thread you reference is a big garbage pile of multiple
problems because everyone assumes it is the same issue. That thread you point
out is useless.

Many of the higher end Sony VAIOs have Intel 5100/6200 NICs. And won't connect
with WEP or TKIP. You must use WPA2-AES.
http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/4965agn/sb/cs-025643.htm

But without details, this is a shot in the dark.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:37:53 -0700, Querulous <querulous(a)inquisitive.sort.org>
wrote:

>Speculating (and hopeful); this may be a Sony Vaio (just to give credit
>where it is due) driver problem, causing a WPA2 handshake anomaly.
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com