From: Querulous on

Windows 7 wireless is apparently buggy, according to several MS forums.

After checking every obvious detail regarding wireless connection
possibilities, W7 still will not connect with any wireless router, when no
other OS (windows or not) has any problem at all.

Does anyone know what the problem with W7 wireless is and will there EVER be
a fix for it?

The connection uses WPA2 with DHCP and MAC ID. Nothing special.

This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

From: Pavel A. on
"Querulous" <querulous(a)inquisitive.sort.org> wrote in message

> This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
> 2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

On same computer, with same wireless device?

--pa

From: Barb Bowman on
what wireless NIC and what driver?

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 23:12:58 -0700, Querulous <querulous(a)inquisitive.sort.org>
wrote:

>Windows 7 wireless is apparently buggy, according to several MS forums.
>
>After checking every obvious detail regarding wireless connection
>possibilities, W7 still will not connect with any wireless router, when no
>other OS (windows or not) has any problem at all.
>
>Does anyone know what the problem with W7 wireless is and will there EVER be
>a fix for it?
>
>The connection uses WPA2 with DHCP and MAC ID. Nothing special.
>
>This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
>2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
From: GTS on
I haven�t found that to be the case in various customer installations and my
own. I have, however, run into some very buggy drivers