From: Dario on
i'm trying to install itunes on my PC but during the installation process i
get a message that reads:

"Could not open key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Verify that
you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

Does anyone know why i got this message, and how i can give myself access to
it?

Thanks
--
Dario
From: Earl Grey on
Hi Dario:

Your security software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, etc.) is
likely preventing you from adding applications to start with Windows.
Find out which application is getting in the way and temporarily disable
it during the install.

Many people routinely disable their security software when installing a
program. This is not necessarily a wise idea, but it's something to
consider.

Earl Grey

From: Dario on
Thanks for that Earl. I uninstalled AVG Free temporarily and the installation
went through without any problems. I've now re-installed it and everything
seems to be working fine.

Thanks again for the advice
--
Dario