From: Little Space Doubt Little Space on
I am trying to add a particular song to my video, but it's completely silent
when I import it into Windows Movie Maker. The song works in Media Player
fine, and I can import other songs into my video and hear them perfectly, but
with this particular song it appears as a flat line in the timeline. I've
checked all the audio levels in every menu that I could find, and they all
seem ok. Any ideas?
From: John Inzer on
Little Space Doubt wrote:
> I am trying to add a particular song to my video, but it's completely
> silent when I import it into Windows Movie Maker. The song works in
> Media Player fine, and I can import other songs into my video and
> hear them perfectly, but with this particular song it appears as a
> flat line in the timeline. I've checked all the audio levels in every
> menu that I could find, and they all seem ok. Any ideas?
=======================================
Try converting the music file to the .wma format and
reimport it.

The following freeware can do the conversion.

(FWIW...it's always a good idea to create a System
Restore point before installing software or updates)

Format Factory
http://www.pcfreetime.com/
(FWIW...you may want to uncheck
all the boxes on the final screen)

After downloading and installing Format Factory...
open the program and choose an Output Folder...
(this is where you will find your files after they are
converted)

Drag/drop your audio/video clips onto the
main screen...

Select 'All to ???' / OK...
(the ??? represents your choice of format)

Click...Start...on the toolbar...

That should do it...

Good luck...

--