From: Malke on
J0s wrote:

> I have visit this site and read all their articles before asking in
> the forum.
> Thanx
>
> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_(a)msn.com> wrote in message
>> http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/soundMAX/soundMAXSupport.asp
>>
>> regards,
>> ssg MS-MVP
>>
>> J0s wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I have a Soundmax audio system (Intel Board D865PERL).
>>> When I double clic on the SoundMax icon, the Soundmax preference
>>> panel appear,
>>> with an error message : Soundmax is not your default device.
>>> When I go to control panel, Sound an Audio Devices, on Audio Tab all
>>> is grayed.
>>> Uninstall drivers and reinstall the last one from Intel website did
>>> not resolve anything.
>>>
>>> Have an idea ? Thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> Tech spec
>>> XP SP2
>>> Audio is enabled in BIOS and up to date
>>> Audio services are actived

What changed between the time things worked and the time they didn't?
Since you've done all the normal t-shooting already, I'd just disable
onboard sound and stick in a pci soundcard and see if that gives you
sound. You can get a basic Soundblaster pci card for under $20usd.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers
From: J0s on
Before the problems
I have try to install a secure cam software coming on Asus video adapter
install cd
The webcam did'nt work at all because WDM capture drivers was missing.
So I log on Asus website to download the drivers and after that...
No sound, no webcam and no CD just for fun.

Now
I have repair XP installation
A couple of hour lost that's all
Sound is back, my smile too

Thanks

From: Malke on
J0s wrote:

> Before the problems
> I have try to install a secure cam software coming on Asus video
> adapter install cd
> The webcam did'nt work at all because WDM capture drivers was missing.
> So I log on Asus website to download the drivers and after that...
> No sound, no webcam and no CD just for fun.
>
> Now
> I have repair XP installation
> A couple of hour lost that's all
> Sound is back, my smile too

Yes, I've heard of webcam software royally hosing stuff. I'm glad a
Repair Install fixed you up. Thanks for taking the time time post the
solution.

Have a better time!

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic"
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: XP Pro SP2 crashes after bug check
Next: disk space