From: J0s on
Hi there,

I have a Soundmax audio system (Intel Board D865PERL).
When I double clic on the SoundMax icon, the Soundmax preference panel
appear,
with an error message : Soundmax is not your default device.
When I go to control panel, Sound an Audio Devices, on Audio Tab all is
grayed.
Uninstall drivers and reinstall the last one from Intel website did not
resolve anything.

Have an idea ? Thanks a lot.

Tech spec
XP SP2
Audio is enabled in BIOS and up to date
Audio services are actived

From: V Green on

"J0s" <libidule(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I have a Soundmax audio system (Intel Board D865PERL).
> When I double clic on the SoundMax icon, the Soundmax preference panel
> appear,
> with an error message : Soundmax is not your default device.
> When I go to control panel, Sound an Audio Devices, on Audio Tab all is
> grayed.
> Uninstall drivers and reinstall the last one from Intel website did not
> resolve anything.
>
> Have an idea ? Thanks a lot.
>
> Tech spec
> XP SP2
> Audio is enabled in BIOS and up to date
> Audio services are actived

Any entries in Event Viewer >> System?
What does Device Manager say about the SoundMax?
What other hardware do you have installed?

From: S.Sengupta on
http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/soundMAX/soundMAXSupport.asp

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

From: J0s on
I have visit this site and read all their articles before asking in the
forum.
Thanx

From: J0s on
No hadware added recently
No conflict for SoundMax, it's working perfectly they said. : )
No event linked to this problem.

Maybe repairing XP is a solution in this case.

"V Green" <vanceg(a)nowhere.net> wrote in message

> "J0s" <libidule(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have a Soundmax audio system (Intel Board D865PERL).
>> When I double clic on the SoundMax icon, the Soundmax preference panel
>> appear,
>> with an error message : Soundmax is not your default device.
>> When I go to control panel, Sound an Audio Devices, on Audio Tab all is
>> grayed.
>> Uninstall drivers and reinstall the last one from Intel website did not
>> resolve anything.
>>
>> Have an idea ? Thanks a lot.
>>
>> Tech spec
>> XP SP2
>> Audio is enabled in BIOS and up to date
>> Audio services are actived
>>

> Any entries in Event Viewer >> System?
> What does Device Manager say about the SoundMax?
> What other hardware do you have installed?
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: XP Pro SP2 crashes after bug check
Next: disk space