From: Pd on
Am I missing posts here, or has nobody made any comments on the press
conference of 5 hours ago?

--
Pd
From: Woody on
Pd <peterd.news(a)gmail.invalid> wrote:

> Am I missing posts here, or has nobody made any comments on the press
> conference of 5 hours ago?

Yes, you just did, just then!

I was suprised, except it is a friday, and there are fewer posts on a
friday.

I thought that demonstrating the other phones was a good idea,
especially the droid and the windows phone as both google and microsoft
have said about them not needing to be held in a special way.

Other than that, not much that would either put me off or encourage me
to get an iPhone 4. I will get one at christmas either way

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
From: iballooka on
On 2010-07-16 23:10:57 +0100, usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk (Woody) said:

> Pd <peterd.news(a)gmail.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Am I missing posts here, or has nobody made any comments on the press
>> conference of 5 hours ago?
>
> Yes, you just did, just then!
>
> I was suprised, except it is a friday, and there are fewer posts on a
> friday.
>
> I thought that demonstrating the other phones was a good idea,
> especially the droid and the windows phone as both google and microsoft
> have said about them not needing to be held in a special way.
>
> Other than that, not much that would either put me off or encourage me
> to get an iPhone 4. I will get one at christmas either way

Christmas sounds about the right time, clear frosty skies and a Crimble
tree to use an signal booster, plus too many drinks to hold the phone
to tight....

On a serious note there are clearly issues, Apple has had a wake up
call, the customer has a voice which can and should be heard.....

--
Mike
Peace and Happiness is a State of Mind....

From: Woody on
iballooka <kamtek(a)nospamtoday.hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 2010-07-16 23:10:57 +0100, usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk (Woody) said:
>
> > Pd <peterd.news(a)gmail.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Am I missing posts here, or has nobody made any comments on the press
> >> conference of 5 hours ago?
> >
> > Yes, you just did, just then!
> >
> > I was suprised, except it is a friday, and there are fewer posts on a
> > friday.
> >
> > I thought that demonstrating the other phones was a good idea,
> > especially the droid and the windows phone as both google and microsoft
> > have said about them not needing to be held in a special way.
> >
> > Other than that, not much that would either put me off or encourage me
> > to get an iPhone 4. I will get one at christmas either way
>
> Christmas sounds about the right time, clear frosty skies and a Crimble
> tree to use an signal booster, plus too many drinks to hold the phone
> to tight....

Good plans, although my main concern is that that is when my contract
runs out!
Also i want a white one.

> On a serious note there are clearly issues, Apple has had a wake up
> call, the customer has a voice which can and should be heard.....

I don't think it really matters whether there are issues or not (though
there clearly are). If the public believe there are issues, it can be
just as bad, and just providing a comment of 'don't hold it that way'
may be funny, but doesn't go down well.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
From: iballooka on
On 2010-07-16 23:48:16 +0100, usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk (Woody) said:

> iballooka <kamtek(a)nospamtoday.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, you just did, just then!
>>>
>>> I was suprised, except it is a friday, and there are fewer posts on a
>>> friday.
>>>
>>> I thought that demonstrating the other phones was a good idea,
>>> especially the droid and the windows phone as both google and microsoft
>>> have said about them not needing to be held in a special way.
>>>
>>> Other than that, not much that would either put me off or encourage me
>>> to get an iPhone 4. I will get one at christmas either way
>>
>> Christmas sounds about the right time, clear frosty skies and a Crimble
>> tree to use as a signal booster, plus too many drinks to hold the phone
>> to tight....
>
> Good plans, although my main concern is that that is when my contract
> runs out!
> Also i want a white one.
>
>> On a serious note there are clearly issues, Apple has had a wake up
>> call, the customer has a voice which can and should be heard.....
>
> I don't think it really matters whether there are issues or not (though
> there clearly are). If the public believe there are issues, it can be
> just as bad, and just providing a comment of 'don't hold it that way'
> may be funny, but doesn't go down well.

I am thinking that Apple will quietly do a modification inside the
phone and "fix" the problem, rumours have it they are already looking
at this, waiting a few months will be a plus.....