From: Ian McCall on
I have an Airport Express, g model, which is getting very
temperamental. It's getting to be about even between days it needs
rebooting and days it stays working. It keeps thinking all is happy and
the green light shows, but when I try joining I get the dreaded 'The
network <router name> requires a WPA password' and it won't accept the
right one.

Pretty sure it's the router not the Mac, since the Mac can join my
other Airport router fine (a gigabit Extreme model, sitting upstairs
and -much- slower than the g when I'm sitting downstairs, presumably
due to signal loss).

Any diagnostics to be done on the Express? Am keen to keep using it
because even if Apple seems to have forgotten about AirTunes I
certainly haven't and use it a fair amount.

Cheers,
Ian

From: David Empson on
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> I have an Airport Express, g model, which is getting very
> temperamental. It's getting to be about even between days it needs
> rebooting and days it stays working. It keeps thinking all is happy and
> the green light shows, but when I try joining I get the dreaded 'The
> network <router name> requires a WPA password' and it won't accept the
> right one.

You too, huh? A friend's does that, but not very often. I seem to recall
my one having the same issue. I replaced it with the 802.11n model a
couple of years ago, which has been working without needing a single
restart (though I have turned it off a few times to use it elsewhere on
a temporary basis).

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz