From: Percival P. Cassidy on
Having now added a fourth internal SATA hd to a machine built around an
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, I get a "No device!" message at boot-up, but
everything seems to work fine.

Could this simply be because I have drives connected to SATA 1, 2, 3 and
5, skipping 4 (which is the eSATA port on the back)?

Perce
From: TM on

"Percival P. Cassidy" <Nobody(a)NotMyISP.com> wrote in message
> Having now added a fourth internal SATA hd to a machine built around an
> M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, I get a "No device!" message at boot-up, but
> everything seems to work fine.
>
> Could this simply be because I have drives connected to SATA 1, 2, 3 and
> 5, skipping 4 (which is the eSATA port on the back)?
>
> Perce

Are you set up in AHCI or RAID mode?

In IDE mode you're only allowed 3 HDs.

From: Percival P. Cassidy on
On 06/18/10 11:14 am, TM wrote:

>> Having now added a fourth internal SATA hd to a machine built around
>> an M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, I get a "No device!" message at boot-up, but
>> everything seems to work fine.
>>
>> Could this simply be because I have drives connected to SATA 1, 2, 3
>> and 5, skipping 4 (which is the eSATA port on the back)?

> Are you set up in AHCI or RAID mode?
>
> In IDE mode you're only allowed 3 HDs.

I've never heard of that restriction -- but no, I'm using AHCI mode, and
all four drives show up during POST and work correctly in Win7Pro.

Perce