From: Enorme Vigenti on
I was set 2 identical hd (1Tbyte) on mirror mode in Drive Xpert sata ports.
All work fine but if the PC remain not used for long time, when I return
on it the drive is not more present!!!
on disk manage it is not present!
I must to reboot and it return normaly...
(No setting found anywhere for energy save on disk)
Anyone with the same problem?
bye
From: Rob on

"Enorme Vigenti" <Enorme(a)vigenti.it> wrote in message
>I was set 2 identical hd (1Tbyte) on mirror mode in Drive Xpert sata ports.
> All work fine but if the PC remain not used for long time, when I return
> on it the drive is not more present!!!
> on disk manage it is not present!
> I must to reboot and it return normaly...
> (No setting found anywhere for energy save on disk)
> Anyone with the same problem?
> bye

Maybe your hard drives are slow to start up, so are being missed?
See if there is a BIOS option for hard disk time out and increase it.
On the P5W, this is called "IDE Detect Time Out" and default is 35s,
so look for something like that on your P5K and increase whatever the
current value is set to.
This may not be the issue, but is easy to try. I have seen similar issues
on other motherboards, such as a P4C800.

HTH,
--
Rob

From: Enorme Vigenti on
Il 22/06/2010 14.34, Rob ha scritto:
> Maybe your hard drives are slow to start up, so are being missed?
> See if there is a BIOS option for hard disk time out and increase it.
> On the P5W, this is called "IDE Detect Time Out" and default is 35s,
> so look for something like that on your P5K and increase whatever the
> current value is set to.
> This may not be the issue, but is easy to try. I have seen similar issues
> on other motherboards, such as a P4C800.

Seems to work! I was set IDE DETECT TIME OUT and the problem was no more
occurred! :-)
tnx very much!!!

Pages: 1
Prev: "No device!"