From: sheana on
Hi,

I am trying to use Windows Movie Maker to convert analog cassettes to .mp3
format. I have WindowsXP, and I need to have the "line in" option enabled in
"Sounds & Audio Devices", under the audio tab. The only option I have is my
default sound card...a SoundMax Digital Audio. Can you please tell me how to
enable the "line in" option? Thanks in advance.

From: smlunatick on
On Jul 16, 4:22 pm, "sheana" <she...(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Windows Movie Maker to convert analog cassettes to .mp3
> format. I have WindowsXP, and I need to have the "line in" option enabled in
> "Sounds & Audio Devices", under the audio tab. The only option I have is my
> default sound card...a SoundMax Digital Audio. Can you please tell me how to
> enable the "line in" option? Thanks in advance.

Line In options is a "feature" of the sound / audio card. Check in
the SoundMax "Control Panel" icon.
From: Shenan Stanley on
sheana wrote:
> I am trying to use Windows Movie Maker to convert analog cassettes
> to .mp3 format. I have WindowsXP, and I need to have the "line in"
> option enabled in "Sounds & Audio Devices", under the audio tab.
> The only option I have is my default sound card...a SoundMax
> Digital Audio. Can you please tell me how to enable the "line in"
> option? Thanks in advance.

Not really a "Windows XP General" question. More of a "How do i use the
SoundMax Digital Audio Device I have?" query. ;-)

Have you tried using the SoundMax software?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Don Phillipson on
"sheana" <sheana(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> I am trying to use Windows Movie Maker to convert analog cassettes to .mp3
> format. I have WindowsXP, and I need to have the "line in" option enabled
in
> "Sounds & Audio Devices", under the audio tab. The only option I have is
my
> default sound card...a SoundMax Digital Audio. Can you please tell me how
> enable the "line in" option? Thanks in advance.

Correctly configured, SoundMax sets up all the inputs and outputs
your hardware allows -- but it does not necessarily display them
all simultaneously. You need to look for a / Properties submenu
(perhaps / Advanced Properties) so as to make your Line In active.
(NB: using SoundMax under Win98 and WinXP, I found neither
installation identified correctly all the various inputs (about 8):
but they were all present, and could be made active or muted,
however labeled.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: dadiOH on
sheana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Windows Movie Maker to convert analog cassettes to
> .mp3 format. I have WindowsXP, and I need to have the "line in"
> option enabled in "Sounds & Audio Devices", under the audio tab. The
> only option I have is my default sound card...a SoundMax Digital
> Audio. Can you please tell me how to enable the "line in" option?
> Thanks in advance.

Windows Volume Control
Properties
Tick "recording" if available, use top drop down box
selecting audio input if not
Tick the controls you want
OK out

--