From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
There is none. There was no _ttof in VS6 at all, and in VS.NET it was named, suprisingly,
_tstof (check the docs! Look under _atof). Yes, the naming is inconsistent. No, there
is no sensible reason for having done this. But it is what we are stuck with.
joe

On Fri, 21 May 2010 12:15:11 +0200, Oliver Regenfelder <oliver.regenfelder(a)gmx.at> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is there no _ttof function in Visual Studio 2008,
>or do I need to include some special header file?
>
>I get: error C3861: '_ttof': identifier not found
>
>I use Visual Studio 2008, in a non unicode build.
>The codebase originates from VS6.
>

>Best regards,
>
>Oliver
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Oliver Regenfelder on
Hello,

Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> There is none. There was no _ttof in VS6 at all, and in VS.NET it was named, suprisingly,
> _tstof (check the docs! Look under _atof).

Horribly they mention _ttof on the following page (VS2008):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hc25t012%28VS.90%29.aspx

and it is also mentioned on
http://www.flounder.com/cstring.htm#Converting%20a%20CString%20to%20a%20double

maybe this should be updated?

Best regards,

Oliver
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: OnKillFocus
Next: setup user thread in SDI application