From: Oliver Regenfelder on
Hello,

Is there no _ttof function in Visual Studio 2008,
or do I need to include some special header file?

I get: error C3861: '_ttof': identifier not found

I use Visual Studio 2008, in a non unicode build.
The codebase originates from VS6.

Best regards,

Oliver
From: David Lowndes on
>Is there no _ttof function in Visual Studio 2008,
>or do I need to include some special header file?

Oliver,

Have you included tchar.h ?

Dave
From: Giovanni Dicanio on
"Oliver Regenfelder" <oliver.regenfelder(a)gmx.at> wrote:

> Is there no _ttof function in Visual Studio 2008,
> or do I need to include some special header file?
>
> I get: error C3861: '_ttof': identifier not found
>
> I use Visual Studio 2008, in a non unicode build.
> The codebase originates from VS6.

In <tchar.h> of VS2008 SP1, I can find:

#define _tstof _wtof

(but not _ttof...)

Giovanni

From: Giovanni Dicanio on
"David Lowndes" <DavidL(a)example.invalid> wrote:

>>Is there no _ttof function in Visual Studio 2008,
>>or do I need to include some special header file?
>
> Have you included tchar.h ?

In <tchar.h> of VS2008 SP1, I could find _tstof, but not _ttof.
But it seems that the related MSDN web page lists both forms (_tstof and
_ttof) of TCHAR-mapping:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hc25t012(VS.90).aspx

Instead, the <tchar.h> included in VS2010 does have both _ttof and _tstof
mapping.

....Seems like a bug in VS2008's <tchar.h> ?

Giovanni

From: Oliver Regenfelder on
Hello,

Giovanni Dicanio wrote:
> In <tchar.h> of VS2008 SP1, I could find _tstof, but not _ttof.
> But it seems that the related MSDN web page lists both forms (_tstof and
> _ttof) of TCHAR-mapping:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hc25t012(VS.90).aspx

Good so I am not the only one who expected it to work.

> Instead, the <tchar.h> included in VS2010 does have both _ttof and
> _tstof mapping.
>
> ...Seems like a bug in VS2008's <tchar.h> ?

I changed all occurences of atof to _tstof and also changed all _ttoi
to _tstoi just to use the same prefix style everywhere. Thanks for
pointing out _tstof.

BTW, is there any difference between the _t and _ts family e.g.
_ttoi and _tstoi? Accoriding to the documentation, they are all mapped
the same way.

Best regards,

Oliver
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: OnKillFocus
Next: setup user thread in SDI application