From: enigmatic on
Nokia has officially responded to the Apple press conference that
Nokia gives priority to antenna performance then the physical design.
Nokia has also stated that Nokia is the “ pioneer in internal
antennas” and the Steves Jobs statement the elite smartphone like
Blackberry, Nokia, HTC, Samsung may have the same antenna issues is
unacceptable. Read more on Nokia C6-01 Phone.

Here is the Nokia’s Official statement: ” As we’ve all seen, Apple had
mentioned Nokia in their press conference today regarding the iPhone4.
I wanted to take a moment and send you a statement regarding Nokia’s
own antenna design and function.
Antenna design is a complex subject and has been a core competence at
Nokia for decades, across hundreds of phone models. Nokia was the
pioneer in internal antennas; the Nokia 8810, launched in 1998, was
the first commercial phone with this feature.
Nokia has invested thousands of man hours in studying human behavior,
including how people hold their phones for calls, music playing, web
browsing and so on. As you would expect from a company focused on
connecting people, we prioritize antenna performance over physical
design if they are ever in conflict.
In general, antenna performance of a mobile device/phone may be
affected with a tight grip, depending on how the device is held.
That’s why Nokia designs our phones to ensure acceptable performance
in all real life cases, for example when the phone is held in either
hand. Nokia has invested thousands of man hours in studying how people
hold their phones and allows for this in designs, for example by
having antennas both at the top and bottom of the phone and by careful
selection of materials and their use in the mechanical design.”

Source; http://www.letmedefine.com/nokia-respond-apple/