From: Janithor on
x-no-archive: yes

Last year, someone sent me a working copy of VB 6.0 from the Sams book
"Teach Yourself VB in 21 Days". This was enough to get a program that
my wife wrote in VB 6.0 to run on my XP machine. I bought a laptop with
Vista Basic last August, and I can't get my wife's program to run.

When I installed VB onto the laptop, it said there are known
compatibility issues but didn't offer any solutions when I clicked
"search for solutions". I'm wondering if the problem is that this is a
light version of VB from a self-help book and not a full copy. VB still
installs, but when I try to run her program (project?), I get one of 3
errors:

* error accessing system registry
* msmask32.ocx couldn't be loaded
* mswinsck.ocx couldn't be loaded

Any ideas to get this thing running would be most appreciated. I've got
the program running on my other computer, so it's not super critical,
but I'm trying to move all my work stuff to the laptop and use the
desktop for personal stuff.

From: Geoff on

"Janithor" <Janithor(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Last year, someone sent me a working copy of VB 6.0 from the Sams book
> "Teach Yourself VB in 21 Days". This was enough to get a program that
> my wife wrote in VB 6.0 to run on my XP machine. I bought a laptop with
> Vista Basic last August, and I can't get my wife's program to run.
>
> When I installed VB onto the laptop, it said there are known
> compatibility issues but didn't offer any solutions when I clicked
> "search for solutions". I'm wondering if the problem is that this is a
> light version of VB from a self-help book and not a full copy. VB still
> installs, but when I try to run her program (project?), I get one of 3
> errors:
>
> * error accessing system registry
> * msmask32.ocx couldn't be loaded
> * mswinsck.ocx couldn't be loaded
>
> Any ideas to get this thing running would be most appreciated. I've got
> the program running on my other computer, so it's not super critical,
> but I'm trying to move all my work stuff to the laptop and use the
> desktop for personal stuff.

yes, send me your wife or get a refund to net,do a favor leave her to me, up
the dale!

From: Geoff on

"Geoff" <NoSpam(a)No.com> wrote in message

> "Janithor" <Janithor(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> > x-no-archive: yes
> >
> > Last year, someone sent me a working copy of VB 6.0 from the Sams book
> > "Teach Yourself VB in 21 Days". This was enough to get a program that
> > my wife wrote in VB 6.0 to run on my XP machine. I bought a laptop with
> > Vista Basic last August, and I can't get my wife's program to run.
> >
> > When I installed VB onto the laptop, it said there are known
> > compatibility issues but didn't offer any solutions when I clicked
> > "search for solutions". I'm wondering if the problem is that this is a
> > light version of VB from a self-help book and not a full copy. VB still
> > installs, but when I try to run her program (project?), I get one of 3
> > errors:
> >
> > * error accessing system registry
> > * msmask32.ocx couldn't be loaded
> > * mswinsck.ocx couldn't be loaded
> >
> > Any ideas to get this thing running would be most appreciated. I've got
> > the program running on my other computer, so it's not super critical,
> > but I'm trying to move all my work stuff to the laptop and use the
> > desktop for personal stuff.
> >
> yes, send me your wife or get a refund to net,do a favor leave her to me,
up
> the dale!

oh yes, but the way if you have a proigramming question I am sorry I can't
help I only support the dale

From: Geoff on

> "Geoff" <NoSpam(a)No.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Janithor" <Janithor(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > x-no-archive: yes
> > >
> > > Last year, someone sent me a working copy of VB 6.0 from the Sams book
> > > "Teach Yourself VB in 21 Days". This was enough to get a program that
> > > my wife wrote in VB 6.0 to run on my XP machine. I bought a laptop
with
> > > Vista Basic last August, and I can't get my wife's program to run.
> > >
> > > When I installed VB onto the laptop, it said there are known
> > > compatibility issues but didn't offer any solutions when I clicked
> > > "search for solutions". I'm wondering if the problem is that this is
> > > light version of VB from a self-help book and not a full copy. VB
still
> > > installs, but when I try to run her program (project?), I get one of 3
> > > errors:
> > >
> > > * error accessing system registry
> > > * msmask32.ocx couldn't be loaded
> > > * mswinsck.ocx couldn't be loaded
> > >
> > > Any ideas to get this thing running would be most appreciated. I've
got
> > > the program running on my other computer, so it's not super critical,
> > > but I'm trying to move all my work stuff to the laptop and use the
> > > desktop for personal stuff.
> > >
> > yes, send me your wife or get a refund to net,do a favor leave her to
me,
> up
> > the dale!
> >
> oh yes, but the way if you have a proigramming question I am sorry I can't
> help I only support the dale

Sorry, no , I would love to help u out but, dale and me not sure about what
u are on about, makes me think your best bet is a devorce little like me
with billy gates, in case u dont know him he is now in the net, up the DALE

From: Geoff on

> "Geoff" <NoSpam(a)No.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Geoff" <NoSpam(a)No.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Janithor" <Janithor(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> with

> still

> got
> > > >
> > > yes, send me your wife or get a refund to net,do a favor leave her to
> me,
> > up
> > > the dale!
> > >
> > oh yes, but the way if you have a proigramming question I am sorry I
can't
> > help I only support the dale
> >
> Sorry, no , I would love to help u out but, dale and me not sure about
what
> u are on about, makes me think your best bet is a devorce little like me
> with billy gates, in case u dont know him he is now in the net, up the
DALE

I am sure I will help u once we have dun

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: debugging a vb6 dll
Next: VB 5 Reinstall Problem