From: Spero on
I developed a simple app, it goes out to an access db and populates a
list box and pings as server. Pretty much how can I do both events at
the same time without haveing to wait for one to complete before
moving on to the next one. It acts like an application monitor where I
ping the servers every 15mins and see if they are up, they are totally
seperate Public routines, sound simpel but it is not. I just want to
ping all three severs and get the ping times. I have everything coded
it is just the waiting that has me stuck! Thanks
From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
Your problem is a typical example where a backgroundworker or a
multithreading application has benefits.

(Despite those we see often which only take more time).

I think that I would go in your situation for the threadpool which seems
pretty much made for your problem and not for the backgroundworker.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.threading.threadpool.aspx

Samples are on the page

Success

Cor