From: rshock on
My PowerPoint 2003 version has suddenly stopped recognizing certain ppt files
(also written in 2003). Upon trying to open them, I am told it cannot read
the outline because there is no text converter available. Any ideas about
what has happened?

From: Karl E. Peterson on
rshock wrote:
> My PowerPoint 2003 version has suddenly stopped recognizing certain ppt files
> (also written in 2003). Upon trying to open them, I am told it cannot read
> the outline because there is no text converter available. Any ideas about
> what has happened?

What did google say? (You did pop the error message into google,
before posting here, right?)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <94E87091-7546-455B-B538-4117E3CDCB89(a)microsoft.com>, Rshock wrote:
> My PowerPoint 2003 version has suddenly stopped recognizing certain ppt files
> (also written in 2003). Upon trying to open them, I am told it cannot read
> the outline because there is no text converter available. Any ideas about
> what has happened?

This is usually a sign that the presentation files have become corrupted
somehow. Have you transferred them from one disk/network share to another
lately?

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint