From: GerryP777 on
Hi NotMe,

I tried sfc /scannow on his PC in CMD mode but I got an error ...
Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files
specific error code 0x000006ba [The RPC server is unavailable]

I renamed the two bad EXE's but it still seems a mess. From Start /
Programs, most of the groups show (empty) ! - including Norton!
Still can't figure out if the bugs are hiding the progs or whether they've
really deleted them! grrr! aargh! as Joss Wheedon would say!

Ay ideas ? Thanks, Gerry :o)

From: GerryP777 on
Interim Update ...

I renamed the two bad EXE's but it still seems a mess. From Start /
Programs, most of the groups show (empty) ! - including Norton! Can't figure
out if the bugs are hiding the progs or whether they've really deleted them!

Explorer doesn't work but so long as I know the filenames I hope to be able
to get things off CD ok.

Pages: 1
Prev: Out of Space????
Next: OpenGL