From: mkr on
Everytime I check the box below "Notify me of replies" before posting but not
once I got the notification. I am new to this forum. I use Windows Live Mail
on Windows 7 platform. Email address is same for Windows Live Mail as well as
this Forum. I don't quite understand why I don't receive notification through
mail so that I can immediately check for the answer. Any possible reason?
From: Karl E. Peterson on
mkr presented the following explanation :
> Everytime I check the box below "Notify me of replies" before posting but not
> once I got the notification. I am new to this forum. I use Windows Live Mail
> on Windows 7 platform. Email address is same for Windows Live Mail as well as
> this Forum. I don't quite understand why I don't receive notification through
> mail so that I can immediately check for the answer. Any possible reason?

This isn't a forum. It's a newsgroup. Get a real newsreader.
Microsoft used to provide a semi-practical one called Outlook Express,
but that's not available in Windows 7. Best recommendation is MesNews
(google it). Not sure why I'm bothering to reply. Sounds like you're
not interested enough to look to see if anyone has answered. <shrug>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: mkr on
Thank you very much, Karl, for having taken time to reply. Call it my
ignorance that I didn't know the difference (forum/newsgroup). I have now
installed MesNews. I do keep checking if someone replied or not but, at
times, I am too early or too eager before someone replied. But I wasn't
complaining, and see by asking at least I learned the difference
(forum/newsgroup) and I downloaded MesNews. Your reply did not go waste, my
friend. Thanks again (hope you accept)

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Well, thanks back at ya! Some guys might not have taken so kindly to
that response. I've just seen the confusion before, and so many times
responding at all is a wasted effort because the original poster never
seems to make it back.

I know it can be frustrating when you're eager for an answer. But it
looks to me like you've had replies to at least a couple of your recent
posts?

Hope that MesNews works out for you. It took me awhile to get
accustomed to it, as I had used OE ever since it came out (IE2/Win95
era). But after awhile, it really feels good. What OE should've been
all along!

At any rate, good luck!

mkr used his keyboard to write :

--