From: Rob Gaddi on
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 23:30:44 -0400
james <bubba(a)bud.u> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 07:37:17 -0700 (PDT), Antti
> <antti.lukats(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> |On Mar 14, 4:14 pm, Sharath Raju <brshar...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> |> I am trying to send data from the FPGA to the ethernet transeiver
> on |> the Nu Horizons Spartan 3A DSP board.
> |> There is an on-board Micrel KSZ8041NL transceiver, and Nu Horizons
> has |> provided a wrapper (.bit  file) to talk to the transceiver. I
> have |> downloaded it to the board, but don't know how to use the
> wrapper as |> there is not much documentation, besides just the bit
> file. |>
> |> Can anyone help ?
> |
> |.bit as wrapper?
> |you are mistaken
> |
> |.bit files are pre made demos only so you can only use to try out the
> |factory demo
> |you cant use it own designs at all
> |
> |and as Nu horizons is no longer an Xilinx disti, i bet you get nil
> |xilinx support from nu
> |
> |antti
> |

> |++++++++++
>
> 32% of annual sales gone! Man is that a shocker for Nu Horizons.
>
> So I wonder what the "new" direction is for Xilinx?
>
> james

All AvNet, all the time. It's a shame; my NuHo Xilinx FAE was really
good.

--
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order

From: james on
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Antti
<antti.lukats(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

|On Mar 15, 5:30�am, james <bu...(a)bud.u> wrote:
|> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 07:37:17 -0700 (PDT), Antti
|>
|> <antti.luk...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

|> |
|> |.bit as wrapper?
|> |you are mistaken
|> |
|> |.bit files are pre made demos only so you can only use to try out the
|> |factory demo
|> |you cant use it own designs at all
|> |
|> |and as Nu horizons is no longer an Xilinx disti, i bet you get nil
|> |xilinx support from nu
|> |
|> |antti
|> |
|> |
|> |
|> |++++++++++
|>
|> 32% of annual sales gone! Man is that a shocker for Nu Horizons.
|>
|> So I wonder what the "new" direction is for Xilinx?
|>
|> james
|
|single disti
|
|Antti

That either means themselves or Avnet who is currently their only
distributor left. I wonder if that also means that Digikey is out
also?

james
From: Antti on
On Mar 15, 9:42 pm, james <bu...(a)bud.u> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Antti
>
> <antti.luk...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> |On Mar 15, 5:30 am, james <bu...(a)bud.u> wrote:
> |> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 07:37:17 -0700 (PDT), Antti

> |> |
> |> |
> |> |
> |> |
> |> |
> |> |
> |> |

> |> 32% of annual sales gone! Man is that a shocker for Nu Horizons.
> |>
> |> So I wonder what the "new" direction is for Xilinx?
> |>
> |> james
> |
> |single disti
> |
> |Antti
>
> That either means themselves or Avnet who is currently their only
> distributor left. I wonder if that also means that Digikey is out
> also?
>
> james

you see many spartan-6 devices at digikey ??

digikey is not disti, its place to get some stuff sometimes
i dont

Antti
From: james on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:54:55 -0700 (PDT), Antti
<antti.lukats(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

|On Mar 15, 9:42�pm, james <bu...(a)bud.u> wrote:
|> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Antti
|>
|> <antti.luk...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

|> |> |
|> |> |
|> |> |
|> |> |
|> |> |
|> |> |
|> |> |

|> |
|> |single disti
|> |
|> |Antti
|>
|> That either means themselves or Avnet who is currently their only
|> distributor left. I wonder if that also means that Digikey is out
|> also?
|>
|> james
|
|you see many spartan-6 devices at digikey ??
|
|digikey is not disti, its place to get some stuff sometimes
|i dont
|
|Antti

I asked only because I am a hobby user. I don't order tens of
thousands of devices. My buying habit is less than five at a time.

And yes I do buy from either Nu Horizons or Digikey depending who has
stock at the time. Digikey has two Spartan 6 variants listed in their
catalog now. Right now none in stock. Currently I still use the
Spartan 3E for my designs.

james