From: Mike on
I am trying to link an excel file into my database. However when it is
finished linking, I have #Num! throughout the file. Certain fields in the
file contain (.) along with numbers. The #Num! seem to be showing only where
the data isn't consist throughout the end. An example of the file is shown
below. As an example, the datadate is consistent and does not have any #Num!
throughout the column. Any idea on how to avoid this? Thanks in advance.

datadate tic pbac act at ebit
021508 . 15 . .
021608 . 15 . 2730
051607 12.1 . .
From: KARL DEWEY on
That usually happens when the first few rows of the Excel contain number
characters so Access considers the field as numerical but any other
characters will cause the error.
To avoid this you can enter a dummy row with alpha characters in those
fields and when you establish the link it will be setup as a text field.
Then you can remove the dummy row.

--
Build a little, test a little.