From: Mike on
I am trying to run a make-table query which has limited data from an excel
file. It errors out and gives me "Numeric Field Overflow". However, when I
compact and repair the database, and re-run the same query, its fine and
actually makes the table. Is there a way to avoid/correct this?
From: Jerry Whittle on
You may have a corrupt database.

Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database corruption.
Http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

Allen Brown also has excellent info on corruption.
Http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

I have a white paper in a Word document named Fix Corrupt Access Database.
Click on "Whittle, Jerry" on this page:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/default.asp?C=1

Also I'd make sure that you have the latest service packs for your version
of Office and Access.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP