From: bcubeb3 on
I have a dataset with a 13 digit number, but the number on the data
set is imported in scientific notation. For example, I have this
number
2.55077E12 instead of it's 13 digit form: 2550774583985. I am trying
to import it from a tsv file (tab separated value).

-Barry
From: Ya on
On Jul 13, 6:51 am, bcubeb3 <barry.brian.barr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a dataset with a 13 digit number, but the number on the data
> set is imported in scientific notation. For example, I have this
> number
> 2.55077E12 instead of it's 13 digit form: 2550774583985. I am trying
> to import it from a tsv file (tab separated value).
>
> -Barry

Barry,

Vary likely SAS already import the data correctly (assuming you used
proc import), but displayed
incorrectly, since but default, SAS display numeric var using best12.
format. When your var has
more than 12 digit, it will turn to scientific notation. Try add
format best32.:

proc print;
format _numeric_ best32.;
run;