From: Tony Winston on
Tony Winston wrote:

> Steve Hix wrote:
> >
> > In article <453CDE6F.10F8C7B2(a)address.com>,
> > Tony Winston <unreal(a)address.com> wrote:

> > Except that what was correct then is no longer correct. Deal with it.

As I pointed out what must have been a dozen times, being old-fashioned
here is okay because this in an informal discussion unregulated by style
guides. Deal with it. Who's to say what is 'correct'? In my opinion it
IS correct, whether or not it's fashionable. Deal with it and get on
with your life.

> > (Do I go with "Rhus diversiloba" or "Toxicodendron diversilobum". One is
> > the old name, one is more recent. Also more correct.)
>
> As I pointed out a dozen times, no one reported being confused between
> "O.S. X." and OSX because the meaning is clear. Deal with it.
> >
> > Things, and the names of things, change over time.
> >
> > Sorry if it makes it hard for you to sleep at night, but that's the way
> > things go.

Sorry if it makes it hard for YOU to sleep at night, but as I pointed
out what must have been a dozen times, being old-fashioned here is okay
because this in an informal discussion unregulated by style guides.

And it's you guys that seem to have trouble sleeping at night, because
you are the ones who keep picking fights with me over these issues. I
was just minding my own business, as usual, and people started picking
nits again.

Your nauseatingly repetitive and simplistic arguments are so facile that
even many children could easily quash them. And please see my quote
below, because another dozen silly snipes will probably ensue, requring
yet another repitition of what should be obvious to all those who are
not brain-dead:

> Poppycock. It IS a style issue and nothing more.
>
> As I pointed out repeatedly, your argument is irrelevant here because
> I'm not trying to sell, advertise or distributes wares or services
> associated with the trademark here. (Those are the activities that
> trademarks regulate under the trademark laws.) I'm merely exchanging
> ideas here. Two totally different things. "Apples" and oranges.
>
> Tony

Tony
From: Tony Winston on
Tony Winston wrote:

> Tony Winston wrote:
> >
> > Steve Hix wrote:

> > > Except that what was correct then is no longer correct. Deal with it.
>
> As I pointed out what must have been a dozen times, being old-fashioned
> here is okay because this in an informal discussion unregulated by style
> guides. Deal with it. Who's to say what is 'correct'? In my opinion it
> IS correct, whether or not it's fashionable. Deal with it and get on
> with your life.
>
> > > (Do I go with "Rhus diversiloba" or "Toxicodendron diversilobum". One is
> > > the old name, one is more recent. Also more correct.)
> >
> > As I pointed out a dozen times, no one reported being confused between
> > "O.S. X." and OSX because the meaning is clear. Deal with it.
> > >
> > > Things, and the names of things, change over time.
> > >
> > > Sorry if it makes it hard for you to sleep at night, but that's the way
> > > things go.
>
> Sorry if it makes it hard for YOU to sleep at night, but as I pointed
> out what must have been a dozen times, being old-fashioned here is okay
> because this in an informal discussion unregulated by style guides.
>
> And it's you guys that seem to have trouble sleeping at night, because
> you are the ones who keep picking fights with me over these issues. I
> was just minding my own business, as usual, and people started picking
> nits again.
>
> Your nauseatingly repetitive and simplistic arguments are so facile that
> even many children could easily quash them.

And while you're at it, you might want to seek counselling, because
you're as controlling as fascists -- obsessed with minute,
inconsequential details and conformity.

You insist that other people must conform to your standards, and if they
don't you try to browbeat them and ridicule them into submission.

Tony
From: John McWilliams on
Tony Winston wrote:
> Tony Winston wrote:
>> Tony Winston wrote:
<< Snipped bits out >>

> And while you're at it, you might want to seek counselling, because
> you're as controlling as fascists -- obsessed with minute,
> inconsequential details and conformity.

Mirror, mirror......

--
lsmft
From: Mike Rosenberg on
Tony Winston <unreal(a)address.com> wrote:

> And while you're at it, you might want to seek counselling, because
> you're as controlling as fascists -- obsessed with minute,
> inconsequential details and conformity

I wonder what a therapist would have to say to someone who gets so bent
out of shape simply because people tell him exactly what the actual name
of a product is.

--
<http://designsbymike.biz/macconsultshop.shtml> Mac-themed T-shirts
<http://designsbymike.biz/musings.shtml> Mostly muckraking T-shirts