From: Jean-Paul on
The Acces aplication I run uses 2 OCX files: MSCAL.OX and MSCOMCT2.OCX
On my previous XP system I needed to register these files through Active
X-stuff
Now I have a Windows 7 sytem
I tried to register these files but got a messagebox saying I need a
seperate installation program....
Now what?

Thanks for your kind help

Jean-Paul
From: Gina Whipp on
Jean-Paul,

See if this resolves your issue...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sbappdev/thread/91cf3127-70fe-4726-8a27-31b8964430c5

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: Jean-Paul on
Hi

I downloaded MSCOMCT2.OCX
If I understand it correctly I have to place this file in
C:\Windows\SysWOW64
I have no SysWOW64 on my netbook computer.... I have a System32... but
this doesn't seem to be the correct file.
What's next?
Thanks for your kind help
JP

From: Gina Whipp on
Jean-Paul,

So you have Windows 7 32 bit? then I would try the System32 directory as as
the sysWOW64 is only available on the windows 7 64 bit machines.

From: Jean-Paul on
I placed the new OCX file in System32

the call to DllRegisterServer failed with
error code 0x8002801c.

I looked it up but this is all far too complicated for me...
I downloaded Process Monitor and ran it but don't know what to do with
the information

Hope you can help

JP