From: Sigurd Hermansen on
Masoud:
You may have created an rtf document, but, due to the wpd file type
extension, a word processing program would open it as a Wordperfect (?)
document. You should change the file type extension to rtf in the file=
argument, though you may be able to open the file as an rtf document by
renaming the file to Compare-test.rtf. I suspect then the extra stuff in
the header will not appear.

From: Masoud Pajoh on
Siguard:
Your suspicion was correct when I open the wpd file in Word the offending
header disappears.
I guess instead I will create a PDF version to not have to use either Word
or Wordperfect;).

Thanks for the help.

Regards;

Masoud Pajoh, P.E.
Assistant Division Engineer
Tel: (405)521-3402
Cell Phone: (405)226-3466
FAX: (405)522-0972
http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/contracts/index.htm

"Sigurd Hermansen" <HERMANS1(a)WESTAT.com>
10/09/2007 03:23 PM

<mpajoh(a)ODOT.ORG>, <SAS-L(a)LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
cc

Subject
RE: ODS question

From: "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" on
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:02:31 -0500, Masoud Pajoh <mpajoh(a)ODOT.ORG> wrote:

>What is the easy way to add text to a file created by
>ods pdf file='C:\Result.pdf' notoc
> style=Styles.CompareResult
> uniform
> ;
>through "proc report".
>This text includes some of the data from the data set used for "proc
>report".
>e.g:
>"This report is for project number " || projectno || " at the request of "
>|| projectman || ".";
>projectno & projectman are the data base vars.
>
>I use SAS 9.1.3 on XP.
>
>Regards;
>
>Masoud Pajoh, P.E.
>Assistant Division Engineer
>Tel: (405)521-3402
>Cell Phone: (405)226-3466
>FAX: (405)522-0972
>http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/contracts/index.htm

It seems to me that if PROC REPORT generates the text in question, it will
appear in the output, regardless of ODS destination. So I don't think this
is an ODS question at all. It is a PROC REPORT question.

Do PROJECTNO and PROJECT have the same 2 values throughout the data set, or
do they vary? Do you want the text on every page, or just once?