From: TKM on
When replying to some OE6 e-mails, the computer seems to slow down, editing
becomes more difficult (takes more clicks to move the cursor) and the cursor
gets the "jitters". So far, I haven't been able to trace the problem to a
particular sender, e-mail content or whether or not there are attachments.
The problem has been apparent for the last few weeks.

The problem goes away if I click Format and move the setting from "Rich
Text" to "Plain Text" and back to "Rich Text" again.

Is there a better fix?

Running IE7 and XP Professional - no other problems.

TKM

From: VanguardLH on
TKM wrote:

> When replying to some OE6 e-mails, the computer seems to slow down, editing
> becomes more difficult (takes more clicks to move the cursor) and the cursor
> gets the "jitters". So far, I haven't been able to trace the problem to a
> particular sender, e-mail content or whether or not there are attachments.
> The problem has been apparent for the last few weeks.
>
> The problem goes away if I click Format and move the setting from "Rich
> Text" to "Plain Text" and back to "Rich Text" again.
>
> Is there a better fix?
>
> Running IE7 and XP Professional - no other problems.
>
> TKM

Tried disabling the touchpad on your laptop?
From: Michael Santovec on
Look at Tools, Options, Security. Is OE set to the Restricted Zone.
That will prevent OE from running any scripts or ActiveX in the message.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Your post's headers (Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138) tell us you're running
outdated and vulnerably versions of Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, and
WinXP SP3. Check in at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com ASAP & install
all critical security updates offered. Then make sure Automatic Updates is
enabled to keep it fully patched.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: TKM on

"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message
> TKM wrote:
>
>> When replying to some OE6 e-mails, the computer seems to slow down,
>> editing
>> becomes more difficult (takes more clicks to move the cursor) and the
>> cursor
>> gets the "jitters". So far, I haven't been able to trace the problem to
>> particular sender, e-mail content or whether or not there are
>> attachments.
>> The problem has been apparent for the last few weeks.
>>
>> The problem goes away if I click Format and move the setting from "Rich
>> Text" to "Plain Text" and back to "Rich Text" again.
>>
>> Is there a better fix?
>>
>> Running IE7 and XP Professional - no other problems.
>>
>> TKM
>
> Tried disabling the touchpad on your laptop?

Yes, that helped my fumble-fingered typing; but didn't solve the jittering.

Thanks,

TKM

Pages: 1
Prev: manal@soumaya