From: Steve Robin on
on this command:

exec DBMS_STATS.GATHER_DATABASE_STATS(estimate_percent =>
DBMS_STATS.AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE, block_sample => TRUE, method_opt => 'FOR
ALL COLUMNS SIZE', cascade => TRUE, options => 'GATHER');

I am getting this error:

ORA-00603: "ORACLE server session terminated by fatal error"

I don't understand what to do right now, pls help.

ORACLE : 9.2.0.3
SERVER : Sun Solaris

From: gazzag on
On 19 Mar, 05:31, "Steve Robin" <ocma...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> on this command:
>
> exec DBMS_STATS.GATHER_DATABASE_STATS(estimate_percent =>
> DBMS_STATS.AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE, block_sample => TRUE, method_opt => 'FOR
> ALL COLUMNS SIZE', cascade => TRUE, options => 'GATHER');
>
> I am getting this error:
>
> ORA-00603: "ORACLE server session terminated by fatal error"
>
> I don't understand what to do right now, pls help.
>
> ORACLE : 9.2.0.3
> SERVER : Sun Solaris

Anything of interest in the alert log?

Also, can you patch to 9.2.0.8?

HTH

-g

From: DA Morgan on
Steve Robin wrote:
> on this command:
>
> exec DBMS_STATS.GATHER_DATABASE_STATS(estimate_percent =>
> DBMS_STATS.AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE, block_sample => TRUE, method_opt => 'FOR
> ALL COLUMNS SIZE', cascade => TRUE, options => 'GATHER');
>
> I am getting this error:
>
> ORA-00603: "ORACLE server session terminated by fatal error"
>
> I don't understand what to do right now, pls help.
>
> ORACLE : 9.2.0.3
> SERVER : Sun Solaris

You are 5 patches behind. If, after patching, the problem persists
repost and include the full error message stack.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
From: Steve Robin on
On Mar 19, 4:11 pm, "gazzag" <gar...(a)jamms.org> wrote:
> On 19 Mar, 05:31, "Steve Robin" <ocma...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > on this command:
>
> > exec DBMS_STATS.GATHER_DATABASE_STATS(estimate_percent =>
> > DBMS_STATS.AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE, block_sample => TRUE, method_opt => 'FOR
> > ALL COLUMNS SIZE', cascade => TRUE, options => 'GATHER');
>
> > I am getting this error:
>
> > ORA-00603: "ORACLE server session terminated by fatal error"
>
> > I don't understand what to do right now, pls help.
>
> > ORACLE : 9.2.0.3
> > SERVER : Sun Solaris
>
> Anything of interest in the alert log?
There is nothing in Alert log related to this, I did monitor it.

> Also, can you patch to 9.2.0.8?
About patch, We have nearly 4 databases on production server, and to
ask all team to upgrade database, I have to tell them them problem
with proof that this problem can be solved by applying latest patch. I
tried to find it on Metalink also, but I didn't find anything. If you
know any matelink regarding this. Please let me know.

> HTH
>
> -g

Thanks

From: DA Morgan on
Steve Robin wrote:

>> Also, can you patch to 9.2.0.8?

> About patch, We have nearly 4 databases on production server, and to
> ask all team to upgrade database, I have to tell them them problem
> with proof that this problem can be solved by applying latest patch. I
> tried to find it on Metalink also, but I didn't find anything. If you
> know any matelink regarding this. Please let me know.

No you don't. You just need to open an SR with accompanying RDA
at metalink and ORacle will tell you to do so if you want support.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
damorgan(a)x.washington.edu