From: Fletch on
Hi, we are seeing the same ORA-03137:TTC error on our RAC nodes and
corresponding
javax.servlet.ServletException: [17410] java.sql.SQLException: No more
data to read from socket
errors on our tomcat 5 app servers using the thin client
We too have had a case open with Oracle - but with the random
unreproducible nature of the issue we have not been able to progress
very far with them

I've taken tcpdumps of the inter-connect and its perfectly clean - now
I am looking at the bonded (RedHat) VIP interfaces...

thanks for any feedback,
Fletcher

From: Cristian Cudizio on
On 3 Ott, 19:01, Fletch <cocq...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, we are seeing the same ORA-03137:TTC error on our RAC nodes and
> corresponding
> javax.servlet.ServletException: [17410] java.sql.SQLException: No more
> data to read from socket
> errors on our tomcat 5 app servers using the thin client
> We too have had a case open with Oracle - but with the random
> unreproducible nature of the issue we have not been able to progress
> very far with them
>
> I've taken tcpdumps of the inter-connect and its perfectly clean - now
> I am looking at the bonded (RedHat) VIP interfaces...
>
> thanks for any feedback,
> Fletcher
>
> On 31 Aug, 23:56, Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudi...(a)yahoo.it> wrote:
>
> > On 29 Ago, 18:47, joel garry <joel-ga...(a)home.com> wrote:

> > > I have no idea what I'm talking about, but are you seeing lots of
> > > things like FIN_WAIT_2 when you do a netstat -a?
>
> > > I've off and on had a completely different problem on different
> > > hardware, that turned out to be a flaky server that was being talked
> > > to as a background printer spooler process, which would cut off
> > > communication incorrectly, which would take an hour for the tcp layer
> > > to figure out it should kill.  This would take away resources from
> > > other processes, with the net effect of random socket errors in the
> > > client/server environment, made much worse by an abusive transaction
> > > monitor.
>
> > > Perhaps nothing to do with your problem, but such things need to be
> > > considered with random socket errors.
>
> > > It could also be a bug or OS patch or... I notice metalink lists a
> > > linux bug 7148457, "closed, could not reproduce" with the [12333] [5]
> > > [196] [54]... so up your SR severity, that makes me think Oracle isn't
> > > handling some situation properly, getting the same error parameters on
> > > different platforms, even if the root cause is configuration or non-
> > > Oracle bugs, or even the drivers.
>
> > > jg
> > > --
> > > @home.com is bogus.
> > > What must the secrets be?  http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080829/news_1b29qualcomm.html
>
> > Thanks Joel for tips. We hadn't considered the possibility of network/
> > socket problems. We have
> > to investigate more on this. With netstat -a there not a lot of
> > FIN_WAIT_2 but i must check
> > when servers are more loaded. With netstat i'va only noticed that on
> > AIX on
> > /etc/services there are this two lines:
> > ncube-lm                1521/tcp                # nCube License
> > Manager
> > ncube-lm                1521/udp                # nCube License
> > Manager
>
> > while having oracle listener on port 1521.
> > I've also to put up the SR serverity to make Oracle Support handling
> > the request.
>
> > Regards,
> >   Cristian Cudizio
>
> >http://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com

Hi Fletcher,
we still have the problem, it seems proportional to application load.
Have you tried to change JDBC Drivers?
What version of java and jdbc are you using? We have tried also with
10.2.0.4 versions of drivers but without
changes.
I've also heard another person with same problem on Win 64 single
instance, so i think that it's not RAC related.
Is your platform 64 bit?