From: bob123 on
hi,

How can I find the errors ORA-
which are stored in alert and those
which are not ?

Thanks in advance

From: John Hurley on
Bob:

> hi,
>
> How can I find the errors ORA-
> which are stored in alert and those
> which are not ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Have you looked at the documentation and the concepts manual and dba
admin?

For example http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10880/intro.htm#i423997

Internal errors go to the alert log ... errors in applications do not
( in general ) ... sometimes app problems result in trace files ( like
deadlock traces ).

Is there something specific you are wondering about?
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:09:16 +0200, bob123 wrote:

> hi,
>
> How can I find the errors ORA-
> which are stored in alert and those
> which are not ?
>
> Thanks in advance

There is a very exotic and largely undocumented utility called "grep".
Awareness of that utility is a mark of the True Master(TM).

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: gazzag on
On 13 June, 18:48, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a very exotic and largely undocumented utility called "grep".
> Awareness of that utility is a mark of the True Master(TM).
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Or, as I suspect that the OP is in a Windows environment, the command
FINDSTR may be of use.

HTH
-g
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 03:22:20 -0700, gazzag wrote:

> On 13 June, 18:48, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is a very exotic and largely undocumented utility called "grep".
>> Awareness of that utility is a mark of the True Master(TM).
>>
>> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com
>
> Or, as I suspect that the OP is in a Windows environment, the command
> FINDSTR may be of use.
>
> HTH
> -g

11. Thou shalt not run thy Oracle database on windows.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com