From: Dhiren on
Hi,

I forgot to export my contacts from Outlook at my previous company but
have a copy of the OST file. Is there any *free* tool to convert it to
PST and recover my contacts? I've found several demo applications on
the web which show that the file has my contacts but are pretty
expensive to use in full mode. I obvoiusly don't have access to the
exchange server this OST is associated with.

Thanks!

Dhiren
From: K. Orland on
Google is your friend:

http://www.ost2pst.net/

Good luck!

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Did you bring a copy of the OST with you or were you using it on your
computer and deleted the profile already? if the second, system restore may
bring back the profile so you can export. Otherwise, you'll need to buy an
app, especially if you use Outlook 2003 or 2007 - there is a pirated copy of
ost2pst floating around the net but it doesn't work with unicode ost.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

From: Dhiren on
I have the OST with me but I'm on a different computer with no access
to the old exchange server. I've tried ost2pst from pwdservice but no
luck. I get "Internal Error (Error code 0000000E)". Is this because of
a unicode ost or do I not have the correct ost2pst file?

Thanks.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
I'm not familiar with the error code, but if the file is from prior to 2003,
its because of Unicode. (Look on the file's properties for the file date. )