From: Adrian C on
Friend is convinced that someone else got physical access to his Mac
(OSX) and planted a key logger on it.

Can anyone recommend a suitable, cheap, easy to use program that can
scan a Mac system for something as nasty as this?

Thanks

--
Adrian C
From: GD on
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 17:46:32 +0100, Adrian C wrote
(in article <88mp73Fm7kU1(a)mid.individual.net>):

> Friend is convinced that someone else got physical access to his Mac
> (OSX) and planted a key logger on it.
>
> Can anyone recommend a suitable, cheap, easy to use program that can
> scan a Mac system for something as nasty as this?

Try PCTools iAntiVirus which claims to detect, amongst other things,
keyloggers.

The free version sits on my iMac causing no problems that I've noticed.
However, it leaps into action when I try to download a test (dummy)
virus, stopping the download and quarantining the (incomplete) file.

http://www.iantivirus.com/

George

--

My email address is geod99 (at) googlemail dot com
You know what to do

From: Rowland McDonnell on
Adrian C <email(a)here.invalid> wrote:

> Friend is convinced that someone else got physical access to his Mac
> (OSX) and planted a key logger on it.
>
> Can anyone recommend a suitable, cheap, easy to use program that can
> scan a Mac system for something as nasty as this?

I don't know if ClamXav spots things like that, but it's a free malware
scanner that's certainly spotted malware I've received via email.

<http://www.clamxav.com/>

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: J. J. Lodder on
Adrian C <email(a)here.invalid> wrote:

> Friend is convinced that someone else got physical access to his Mac
> (OSX) and planted a key logger on it.

Just reinstall the system.

> Can anyone recommend a suitable, cheap, easy to use program that can
> scan a Mac system for something as nasty as this?

Begin with Little Snitch
for monitoring unauthorized outgoing trafic.
A keylogger that doesn't connect to the outside world
won't be much use to anyone,

Jan

From: Adrian C on
On 26/06/2010 20:55, GD wrote:

> The free version sits on my iMac causing no problems that I've noticed.
> However, it leaps into action when I try to download a test (dummy)
> virus, stopping the download and quarantining the (incomplete) file.

Thank you George. That looks a suitable program for him to try out.

--
Adrian C
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8