From: Andy Hewitt on
Knowing that my System folder has been getting a bit cluttered lately, I
decided to do a fresh install today.

That's when I found that the SnowLeopard installer offers no options for
Install, Archive & Install, or Upgrade (I really wanted a fresh start),
it just does it.

The install went as expected, and left all my installed stuff in place,
which wasn't entirely what I was after, but after running the Combo to
10.6.4, all is well, and nothing seems borked.

One positive side effect though, and quite puzzling in a way, is that
I've now gained 7GB of disk space. At least I *hope* it's a positive!

--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/>
From: Peter on
On 2010-06-26 19:38:40 +0100, Andy Hewitt said:

> Knowing that my System folder has been getting a bit cluttered lately, I
> decided to do a fresh install today.
>
> That's when I found that the SnowLeopard installer offers no options for
> Install, Archive & Install, or Upgrade (I really wanted a fresh start),
> it just does it.

You can boot from the install disk and use disk utility to erase the
disk, giving a clean install.

Pete.

From: Andy Hewitt on
<Peter> wrote:

> On 2010-06-26 19:38:40 +0100, Andy Hewitt said:
>
> > Knowing that my System folder has been getting a bit cluttered lately, I
> > decided to do a fresh install today.
> >
> > That's when I found that the SnowLeopard installer offers no options for
> > Install, Archive & Install, or Upgrade (I really wanted a fresh start),
> > it just does it.
>
> You can boot from the install disk and use disk utility to erase the
> disk, giving a clean install.

For sure, or one or two other ways as well. I didn't want to go quite
that far, and Archive/Install is all I needed.