From: moms2cool on
I recently changed to UVerse which is the new att(a)yahoo. I cannot get my
email to set up in outlook even with the settings Uverse gives me. Everything
gets a green check, except when they go to test email, it fails and tells me
to check email address. It is correct and still wont work. I do not know what
else to try. Please help.
Thanks.
From: David Webb on
It's time for you to contact UVerse tech support.

Note: This newsgroup specializes in MS Outlook 97,98,2000,2002, 2003, and 2007.

Supplemental info:

Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;257824

--
Google is your friend.....

From: N. Miller on
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 22:51:01 -0700, moms2cool wrote:

> I recently changed to UVerse which is the new att(a)yahoo.

It is only the new service provided by 'at&t Yahoo! HSI'. If you have TV
included, it is, "IPTV", with VDSL for Internet. They also provision ADSL2+
out of IP-DSLAMs. New types of service, same company.

> I cannot get my email to set up in outlook even with the settings Uverse gives
> me.

They are the same settings used by 'at&t Yahoo! HSI' on the older,
ADSL+PPPoE service.

> Everything gets a green check, except when they go to test email, it fails and
> tells me to check email address. It is correct and still wont work. I do not
> know what else to try. Please help.

Your provider, 'at&t Yahoo! HSI' has known issues with all MS email clients,
and, apparently, others, as well. Their advertised settings are:

pop.att.yahoo.com:995 w/SSL
smtp.att.yahoo.com:465 w/SSL

Others having troubles have reported success by changing to:

pop.att.yahoo.com:110 and no SSL
smtp.att.yahoo.com:25 and no SSL

However, AT&T blocks port 25, so the SMTP server may require the use of port
587 instead (Yahoo! runs the servers, and Yahoo! does use port 587. With no
security for that port.)

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come