From: JohnJohn on
There was a recent Windows Update that was run, and it likely adversely
affected the Data Environment object. I have since discovered that that's
where the problem is. I can't add a single Data Environment object, and when
I remove the one that is in our project, the problems I described below
vanish.

Thanks for your reply!
John

From: Paul Clement on
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:40:07 -0800, "JohnJohn" <JohnJohn(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

? Paul,
?
? Thanks for your reply! I JUST found where my problem lies. There aren't
? any references listed as "MISSING". We have one Data Environment object in
? the project and several Data REport objects. The error is associated with
? the Data Environment object. I removed that obect from the project and the
? problems I described below vanished. However, when I attempt to add a new
? Data Environment into the project, I get the following:
?
? System error &H0004005 (-2147467259). Unspecified error.
?
? Now I gotta track that down. I'm wondering if I just need to reinstall
? VB...that somehow something related to Data Evironments was corrupted.

Yeah I'm not sure how to fix this one. If may require an uninstall and reinstall.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
First  |  Prev  |