From: Chris Malcolm on
I'm porting my mobile number from Orange to Virgin. The lit says it is
easy and "can be done in 24 hrs". Ring Orange on 2010/07/31 to end
contract and get PAC. They can't tell me my PAC number, it must be
sent by post, but as we speak it has been automatically sent so I'll
get it soon. I'm told the 30 days notice means my contract will end in
30 days from this phone call.

By 2010/08/03 the PAC hasn't arrived so I ring Orange. They tell me it
could arrive as late as the 6th! How they manage to get that long
postal delay is clear when it arrives on the 5th: they only posted it
on the 3rd, the day I asked about it's gailure to arrive! The letter
also says my contract ends 30 days after the PAC is issued. Does that
mean the day they printed the PAC letter, or they day they posted it,
or the day I got it? And why isn't it, as they originally said, from
the day I told to terminate the contract?

So I ring Virgin on the 5th with the newly arrived PAC code. They tell
me the change of number will occur at midnight on the 9th, i.e. the
start of the 10th. Why the delay? Anything to do with my Orange
billing date being the 10th?

What happened to the "easy" porting that could be done "in 24 hours"?
Are all these delays a way of making some extra money out of my final
Orange bill?

--
Chris Malcolm

Pages: 1