From: Elio123 on

Hi

I took out a Motorola Milestone on Orange 24 month contract in March
2010.

I want a DELL Streak instead.

What are my options ?

--
Elio123
From: Steve Terry on
"Elio123" <Elio123.6a085b0(a)mobilebanter.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi
> I took out a Motorola Milestone on Orange 24 month contract in March
> 2010.
> I want a DELL Streak instead.
> What are my options ?
> Elio123

Choose more carefully next time you take out a 24 month contract

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: White Spirit on
On 06/08/2010 06:04, Steve Terry wrote:

> "Elio123"<Elio123.6a085b0(a)mobilebanter.co.uk> wrote in message

>> Hi
>> I took out a Motorola Milestone on Orange 24 month contract in March
>> 2010.
>> I want a DELL Streak instead.
>> What are my options ?
>> Elio123

> Choose more carefully next time you take out a 24 month contract

Harsh, but true.

Selling the old 'phone in order to put funds towards the purchase of the
Streak is the only option now.

From: Whiskers on
On 2010-08-06, White Spirit <wspirit(a)homechoice.co.uk> wrote:
> On 06/08/2010 06:04, Steve Terry wrote:
>
>> "Elio123"<Elio123.6a085b0(a)mobilebanter.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>> Hi
>>> I took out a Motorola Milestone on Orange 24 month contract in March
>>> 2010.
>>> I want a DELL Streak instead.
>>> What are my options ?
>>> Elio123
>
>> Choose more carefully next time you take out a 24 month contract
>
> Harsh, but true.
>
> Selling the old 'phone in order to put funds towards the purchase of the
> Streak is the only option now.

I doubt if Orange would refuse any additional money their customer wants to
put their way; negotiation might get a result that would satisfy both
parties.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
From: Denis McMahon on
On 05/08/10 10:08, Elio123 wrote:

> I took out a Motorola Milestone on Orange 24 month contract in March
> 2010.
>
> I want a DELL Streak instead.
>
> What are my options ?

Buy a full price unlocked handset and put your Orange sim in it.

Talk to Orange. They may be willing to sell you a locked handset below
the full retail of an unlocked one, because at the end of the contract,
your handset will still be locked to Orange, wheras if you bought an
unlocked one, it wouldn't be.

Find the best deal you can on the phone you want, and walk away from the
Orange contract. Not sure if there are rules limiting the amount they
can charge if you do this or not, there was some talk recently about
such things in connection with some sorts of telecomms contracts.

Find the best deal you can on the phone you want, and write off the
rental on the remaining Orange contract.

Rgds

Denis McMahon