From: Chris&Sam on
I have just purchased two new HP computers with Windows 7 on them. I am
running office suite pro 07. Office keeps locking up after. Sometimes task
mgr will restart the program, sometimes I have to power off. Either way,
work is lost! I have done system restore twice but have seen no
improvements. Office worked fine the first two days then 34+ updates and now
it doesn't. It also locks up if monitor goes to sleep and will not recover
without a power down.
--
Chris & Sam
From: JP on
"Chris&Sam" <ChrisSam(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just purchased two new HP computers with Windows 7 on them. I
>am
> running office suite pro 07. Office keeps locking up after.
> Sometimes task
> mgr will restart the program, sometimes I have to power off. Either
> way,
> work is lost! I have done system restore twice but have seen no
> improvements. Office worked fine the first two days then 34+ updates
> and now
> it doesn't. It also locks up if monitor goes to sleep and will not
> recover
> without a power down.

Well, this is why I wondered if Office 2007 was too dated to run on the
new Windows 7. Are you running the 64-bit Windows 7?

From: JoAnn Paules on
The latest version of Office is 2007. Yes, there is a newer version being
tested but it has not been officially released.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

From: Jerry on
Try the Office 2010 beta that is available for download from the Microsoft
web site.

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <Ow0Dy3wbKHA.2084(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Jp wrote:
> "Chris&Sam" <ChrisSam(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just purchased two new HP computers with Windows 7 on them. I
> >am
> > running office suite pro 07. Office keeps locking up after.
> > Sometimes task
> > mgr will restart the program, sometimes I have to power off. Either
> > way,
> > work is lost! I have done system restore twice but have seen no
> > improvements. Office worked fine the first two days then 34+ updates
> > and now
> > it doesn't. It also locks up if monitor goes to sleep and will not
> > recover
> > without a power down.
>
> Well, this is why I wondered if Office 2007 was too dated to run on the
> new Windows 7. Are you running the 64-bit Windows 7?

If Windows 7 were unable to run something as recent as Office 2007 (the
CURRENT version of Office, after all), you'd have to wonder what it
*would* run. And more to the point, wonder why anyone would buy it.