From: Steve Doerr on
How does one check for updates to Office 2000? As far as I can see, the
Office Update service is no more and Windows Update/Microsoft Update
does not cover Office 2000. Is there another route?

--
Steve
From: Peter Foldes on
Steve

Unfortunately the answer is NO. Microsoft has discontinued all updates including
security updates for Office 2000 as per their agreement with the DOJ and Sun.
Windows 2000 and Office 2000 is history as far as updates go.

--
Peter

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
No, you're SOL when it comes to checking for updates. However, all
previously released updates for Office 2000 (no longer supported) are
available for download here: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/

From: Frederick R. Hutchings on
Hi PA Bear,

I just tried that link and it downloaded an ActiveX control and then was
redirected to an error message here:
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Error.aspx?id=-1914896352.
Please help.

Also, does this automate the process of installing all the updates SP3 and
later? If not, does MS offer a CD with all of them?

Thanks, Fred

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Well, I know that Microsoft's servers have been having a boatload of
problems since the 29th so what you're seeing might be related. Judging
from the problem I've encountered at other MS websites since then, I don't
think they've got the problems sorted quite yet.

cf.
http://blogs.technet.com/msonline/archive/2010/01/29/response-to-north-america-connectivity-issues.aspx

In the meantime, see if you can find & download the updates one-at-a-time
via the Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads

Nothing about the Microsoft Update Catalog is automatic, Fred. Think of it
as a download manager of sorts, allowing you to download multiple updates
(files) in one go-round. If you're referring to Office 2000 SP3, I can
assure you that it's not and never has been available on CD (at least to the
general public).