From: Puzzled on
I have both Office 2003 Standard and Office XP Standard on my laptop. Can I
safely uninstall Office 2003 to free up more moemory ?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Puzzled" <Puzzled(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have both Office 2003 Standard and Office XP Standard on my laptop. Can I
> safely uninstall Office 2003 to free up more moemory ?

I'd rather uninstall Office XP, but you should be able to uninstall either.
Note that since only one version of Outlook can be installed at any one time,
you have either Outlook 2002 or Outlok 2003, but not both, installed. If you
use Outlook, uninstall the version of Office for which Outlook isn't
installed.

There is a chance that you may need to repair the installation of the one you
leave behind.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Bob I on
Uninstalling Office won't free up any memory, only hard drive space.

From: joefox on
And correct me if I'm wrong, but you can install two versions of Office. If I
have 2003 installed, I can install 2007. During the installation it will ask
me if I want to keep previous versions or delete them.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"joefox" <joefox(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> And correct me if I'm wrong, but you can install two versions of Office. If
> have 2003 installed, I can install 2007. During the installation it will ask
> me if I want to keep previous versions or delete them.

You are wrong. While other Office apps allow this, Outlook does not. Only
one version of Outlook at a time can be installed.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]