From: Plasticgeek on
I have a weird problem that just started today with my email. All new emails
(and even the emails I change back to Unread) automatically change to read
after about 4 minutes. Now before anyone jumps to conclusion on the cause -
The Reading Pane is turned OFF, Auto preview is turned off, I don't have
options checked in the Reading Pane window of Tools>Option>Other>Outlook
Panes, and I have NO rules whatsoever. I haven't changed anything or updated
anything but it started sometime after shutting down the email client the day
before and starting it this morning. I've been trying to figure this out for
over 4 hours now and it's got me baffled. Any help?
Running Windows 7 Enterprise and Office 2007.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Plasticgeek" <Plasticgeek(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have a weird problem that just started today with my email. All new emails
> (and even the emails I change back to Unread) automatically change to read
> after about 4 minutes. Now before anyone jumps to conclusion on the
> cause -
> The Reading Pane is turned OFF, Auto preview is turned off, I don't have
> options checked in the Reading Pane window of Tools>Option>Other>Outlook
> Panes, and I have NO rules whatsoever. I haven't changed anything or
> updated
> anything but it started sometime after shutting down the email client the
> day
> before and starting it this morning. I've been trying to figure this out
> for
> over 4 hours now and it's got me baffled. Any help?
> Running Windows 7 Enterprise and Office 2007.

Are you using any handheld devices?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Plasticgeek on
Hi Brian, Yes I have an iPhone that I get my email on also. I did power off
the phone for over an hour and still got the same results on my desktop
client.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Hi Brian, Yes I have an iPhone that I get my email on also. I did power
> off
> the phone for over an hour and still got the same results on my desktop
> client.

Does it happen if you start Outlook in safe mode (hold Ctrl when starting
Outlook)?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Plasticgeek on
Just tried it and yes the same thing.

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "Plasticgeek" <Plasticgeek(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Hi Brian, Yes I have an iPhone that I get my email on also. I did power
> > off
> > the phone for over an hour and still got the same results on my desktop
> > client.
>
> Does it happen if you start Outlook in safe mode (hold Ctrl when starting
> Outlook)?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .