From: Plasticgeek on
Update on testing - The problem seems to be associated with the Exchange
server and not the Outlook client. I tested by shutting down the Outlook
client on my pc at the end of the work day and sending myself emails from 2
different personal email accounts last evening. This morning I logged onto a
completly different PC and open my email from that pc's Outlook client and
ALL the emails were already marked as read. My mobile device that I also get
email on was powered completly off for this test.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Plasticgeek" <Plasticgeek(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Disabled all Add-ons and client extensions and still emails mark themselves
> as read after 4 minutes.

What type of account?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Plasticgeek on
What are you referring to on the account type? We run Exchange 2007 and my
email is a standard user account.
Thanks.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> What are you referring to on the account type? We run Exchange 2007 and my
> email is a standard user account.

I saw that in a message you posted in reply to someone else but that I hadn't
read when I asked. I also see from that same message that you think it's
external to your Outlook (which sounds true to me as well).
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Plasticgeek on
After two days of this strange email bug and looking at all options and
settings the issue went away sometime yesterday evening. Me and the only
other exchange admin made no changes to anything other than what I first
tried with removing my profile & client from my pc (which didn't work). This
morning I started the Outlook client and there were old (more than 1 hour)
Unread emails listed. I did not touch anything else for 30 minutes and they
stayed in the unread state. ???????
The only other possible cause would be our Cisco Unity Messaging Store
Service that allows email/phone messages to be read when checking voicemail.
The system may have malfunctioned but it's strange that it only affected one
user out of 375 or some genius was "testing" something or me. I really don't
know but it's working correctly now though I will continue to probe the
genius to see if he cracks. Thanks for the input.

"Plasticgeek" wrote:

> I have a weird problem that just started today with my email. All new emails
> (and even the emails I change back to Unread) automatically change to read
> after about 4 minutes. Now before anyone jumps to conclusion on the cause -
> The Reading Pane is turned OFF, Auto preview is turned off, I don't have
> options checked in the Reading Pane window of Tools>Option>Other>Outlook
> Panes, and I have NO rules whatsoever. I haven't changed anything or updated
> anything but it started sometime after shutting down the email client the day
> before and starting it this morning. I've been trying to figure this out for
> over 4 hours now and it's got me baffled. Any help?
> Running Windows 7 Enterprise and Office 2007.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: PST file
Next: Office 2003 and XP