From: BWG on
I purchased the office 2007 student home version not realising that it did
not have the Outlook application in it. Any ideas how i can upgrade?
Thanks
From: DL on
You buy the standalone version of Outlook

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"BWG" <BWG(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I purchased the office 2007 student home version not realising that it did
> not have the Outlook application in it. Any ideas how i can upgrade?

Since the outside of the box and the Office web site clearly indicates that
Outlook is not included in that suite, I'm surprised you didn't realize it.
If it's still packaged you can return it to the vendor and get the Office
suite you need.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: VanguardLH on
DL wrote:

> BWG wrote ...
>
>> I purchased the office 2007 student home version not realising that it
>> did not have the Outlook application in it. Any ideas how i can upgrade?
>
> You buy the standalone version of Outlook

Except that integration features between the standalone version of Outlook
and the components in MS Office won't work (e.g., mail merge). For
integration features to work, you have to get Outlook *in* the Office suite
that you install.
From: VanguardLH on
BWG wrote:

> I purchased the office 2007 student home version not realising that it did
> not have the Outlook application in it. Any ideas how i can upgrade?
> Thanks

Return the H&S edition for a refund. Then get *any* edition of Office 2007
other than H&S of Office so it includes Outlook.

For edition comparisons, see:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/fx101635841033.aspx

You can purchase Outlook separately (aka standalone version) but integration
features with the components in Office 2007 won't work.