From: alexlomas on
If I try to check out a file from any document library with Office
2007 (Excel or Word), I get the error:

"This document could not be checked out. You may not have permission
to check out the document or it is already checked out or locked for
editing by another user."

Needless to say, I have full control over the documents (I'm a
Sharepoint admin anyway), and the document is not checked out to
anyone. The docs are Office 2003 format.

If I use Office 2003 to check them out then it works fine.

This is MOSS 2007 Standard, running on Server 2003 Enterprise, SQL
2000 Enterprise, in place upgrade from Sharepoint 2003. Clients are
all using IE7.

Anyone come across this, or at least confirm it to be a bug with
Office 2007?

From: Mike Walsh on
Have you looked at this KB article

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=929360

?

(presence of Office 2003 *and* Office 2007 applications on the client)

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ: www.wssv3faq.com / wss.collutions.com
No private questions please (additions to FAQ welcome)

From: alexlomas on
Hmmm, don't think that applies - I did an upgrade from 2k3 to 2k7.
With a clean install of Office 2007 it still has the same problem.

Nice idea though :)