From: jonibenj on

I also am using Office 2007 on a brand new computer equiped with Windows
XP Professional which is connected to a server network. Not only are
Excel 2003 files slow to open and save, but any of the new formats are
too. However, I have noticed a trend that is becoming glaringly
obvious:

1. Files on my local computer open, save and close in an instant, even
when they are several MB in size, and have complexities such as macros
and multiple integrated sheets.

2. On the other hand, files across the intranet can take up to 60
seconds to open or save.

3. If I open a 'slow' file from the server, and save it onto my own
computer, it works like lightening.

Has anybody got any ideas why this is happening? Is the server network
interfering with the downloading and saving of files? Another problem
which I believe could be related is this: when I transfer a file over
the intranet to the server, it goes very quickly. However, when I try
to bring it back from the server to my computer, it takes literally a
hundred times longer! Sounds incredible, but it is true! Could these
two problems be related? The strange thing is that under Office 2003 I
did not have a problem with files over the intranet.

--
jonibenj
jonibenj's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168571.htm

http://forums.techarena.in